OUR 2021 PARISH RENEWAL PROGRAM – COMMITMENT WEEKEND
Welcome to the final week of our Parish Renewal Program.
In recent weeks we have reflected on the importance of St Mary’s in our lives - about the parish we are and the parish we want to be. We have emphasised the importance of our engagement in parish life. How we come together as a community of faith to celebrate the Eucharist and how we can make our contribution to the life and mission of the parish by being involved in one of our Groups and Ministries. We also thank those many parishioners who stayed after Masses last weekend to participate in the special Parishioner Forums – your support was very much appreciated.
This week we turn our attention to parish finances. How do we provide the financial resources to be the parish we want to be? To fund the pastoral initiatives, professional staffing and essential upkeep of our church and facilities identified in the Program and discussed at our Forums. This Parish Commitment Weekend provides the opportunity for you to make your commitment to the parish – by completing your financial pledge of support and your involvement in parish Groups and Ministries.
YOUR FINANCIAL COMMITMENT
What does my financial support pay for?
· It will support our pastoral care and outreach programs
· It will maintain our church and other parish facilities
· It will provide professional parish staff to assist Fr Greg and the Parish Leadership teams
· It will help meet the operating costs of the parish – insurance, utilities etc.
Why should I give and how much?
· Our parish income is totally reliant on the financial support of parishioners
· We have been blessed in so many ways – our gratitude can be expressed through our support
· We ask that yours is a meaningful commitment given your own particular circumstances
· A special thank-you to those on restricted incomes – your continued support is very much appreciated
· We especially appeal to those with the greatest capacity – the greatest discretionary income – to give more
THOUGHTS FROM OUR LEADERSHIP TEAM
Q: Why do you think it is important to support our parish financially through our Stewardship Program?
“If it’s important to us we can’t leave it to someone else. Our commitment of time and financial support sustain our parish and it’s work.”
“The Stewardship Program enables me to provide practical support to the parish for the upkeep of our beautiful church and to support others in need in the community.”
“We are but stewards in time. We are the farmers and the shepherds of history that keep the Church for our benefit and that of future generations.”
Copyright © 2018 St. Mary of the Immaculate Conception, Williamstown Parish - All Rights Reserved.
Contact Information is located on the Home Page